Start a new topic

Developer API

There's a large community of open source developers that would gladly develop small modules around the Predict It data. I propose developing a read only API that allows people to track markets and have Apps, widgets, and email alerts without you having to develop them yourselves.

31 people like this idea

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. Just wanted to let you know that API development is part of the plan for PredictIt. We don't have a a specific ETA for it's inclusion at this time, but it will be coming soon. Our programmers have begun working on it. Stay tuned and keep posting your suggestions. We review them all and welcome your feedback as part of the development process.

6 people like this

Why make it read only? Being able to make buy orders, given some headers and parameters, would be fantastic. I'd love to be able to develop some proper models without having to past in data by hand, and being able to make orders through the same interface would be a great 2.0 feature.

5 people like this

My dream PredictIt API would allow the following:

Trading actions

- Buy

- Sell

- Cancel

- Current offers by other traders

- Current offers by me

Market Info

- "Data" (e.g. today's volume)

- Last trade price

- Price history

Account Info

- My current ownership

- My trade history

- Cash balance

Finally, if you could provide historical trade info, that would be incredible. I.e. logs detailing "timestamp, buy/sell, amount, price" for each market and all (anonymized) traders. Many exchanges do this. E.g. NYSE makes this available as a paid data product. On the other end of the spectrum, BTC-E, a shady bitcoin trading site, shows recent trades on the home page.

5 people like this

https://predictit.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000001878-does-predictit-make-market-data-available-via-an-api-

4 people like this

I'd love to see a Developer API that would allow for automatic trades!

3 people like this

Are there plans to incorporate an API that you can actually make trades through?

2 people like this
Any word on what the feature set for the first version of the API will be?

2 people like this

This is a great start, but a little disappointing that there is no way to query the following information at a minimum:

- Complete list of active ticker symbols

- Complete list of buy/sell offers for each contract.

Otherwise this API is of little use without manual interaction.

1 person likes this

Thanks, Dave!

Does anyone know if there's a methodical way to get a list of tickers for all of the Linked contracts? Is there even a master list of active tickers that I could find? 

1 person likes this

Are there any updates for a Developer API?

1 person likes this

Having the market data is great! Thanks for making this available. Are there any plans to incorporate an API that you can actually make trades through?

1 person likes this

I also noticed it seems you're using ASP.NET. I'm a Microsoft developer with a career in working with state schools to create data APIs to allow colleges and the public to access institution and state data. The last projects I worked on were:

CtcApi
https://github.com/BellevueCollege/CtcApi

Class Schedule
https://github.com/AndrewCraswell/ClassSchedule

If you were to make portions of the Developer API available, I'd love to contribute some time towards improving the API.

1 person likes this

Is that the limit of the API? Two functions? I'm sure there's a slew of other API methods. Any way we can get some documentation on it all?

1 person likes this

Looking forward to this!

1 person likes this

Are there any updates on an API for posting/cancelling orders? Market-makers will find it useful.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment