Start a new topic

Change candidate polling from monthly to weekly

Avoid most markets sitting in 90s halfway through month. We only have a few months left of this so please for the love of god let us trade! These would have more volume and gives us more opportunities. Thanks

5 people like this idea

I don't want to trade based on what RCP decides to drop from one day to the next. I'm here to trade based on political trends, which seem to flesh out better over a month. A weekly contract has nearly no political value and no research value (this is, after all, in the name of research). It's just an exercise in guessing the frequency of poll release dates and drop dates.

What little changes there are in actual support levels over a week is largely just a matter of reacting (or over-reacting) to a single news item - a situation that almost always evens out a few days later. 

1 week is too short in my opinion, but 2 or 3 weeks would be great.

no

This is a really good idea, we only have a couple of months and changing poll markets for each candidate from monthly to weekly would have more volume and more trading for the site.

I disagree. If you want weekly changes, go to Obama's approval rating. I like having a month to make changes. Over the course of a week, you are completely guessing on what the RCP intern posts. Over the course of the month, there is more strategy involved.

I think this is a great idea.

Login to post a comment